Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall is in the air...

Well, Fall is officially here. 

The kids love it, I'm just cold.

They keep tossing out little tidbits about Fall that they picked up when we did our Download N Go Autumn Treasures unit study.  While I shiver, I get to hear why the leaves fall, why animals are collecting nuts, how the "harvest moon" doesn't have to be orange and other juicy treasures. 

I've been awakened 4 times in the early morning hours since Fall fell so that we might go check for a harvest moon...come on already!

I did promise pictures of our Mod Podge Leaf candle holders...so here you have it!



The kids had a great time making these...a little Mod Podge, leaves and a couple Dollar Tree candle holders...it doesn't get any better than that!

While Fall is okay...I miss this:

The Last of the Roma's:  The Final Bowl of Tomato Basil Bruschetta Sauce

Did I mention I was cold? 

While I tend to function better when the days are warm and longer...I've determined to go out and enjoy both Fall and Winter this year!  (I keep thinking beach vacations would help with this...)  Off to Huber's this week to pick apples and pumpkins!  We'll be making applesauce and apple butter... (has anyone noticed my life revolves around food?  Just sayin...)  Mostly I am going to try and remember it's not always about the details...and I'm going to try and let a few of those go!

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment