Tuesday, October 26, 2010

All things bright and beautiful...

I'm trying hard to focus on the things that I find pleasing and beautiful.  Since my brother died, life has seemed so very sad.  There are so many happy, beautiful people and things in my life and those are the images I want to concentrate on.  So this week...photos:


My husband's hands.  So kind and gentle, yet so strong.  With all the scars of his hard life, they have always sought peaceful, loving-kindness.  He taught me comfort and gentleness all through a simple touch.  A touch that has remained constant, steady, loving, reliable and kind...even when I didn't deserve it.  I've seen him hold the hands of dying people and watched him be the first to touch our sweet daughters as they came into the world...all with those hands.  Sure, he provides with them...but, more importantly, he prays with them.  Thank you, Lord, for these precious hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment